Monday, September 15, 2014

Foreign Food Experiment

I love trying new things.  I am hoping to get my children to love it, too.  

Years ago I read a book called Hungry Planet.  It was amazing, to see what food for a week for the whole family looked like in different parts of the world.  
What the World Eats, Time Magazine
The Ayme Family of Tingo, Equador

A few years ago, I read the book French Kids Eat Everything, which talked about the preschool lunch in France.  Four courses of real food.  I was inspired!  We had our own four course meal the next day.

I really enjoyed the experience and have been talking up the idea of trying more cuisines with my family.  Another goal is to teach my children to cook.  In France, even the three-year-olds learn to bake cakes. 

After years of searching and experimenting, I have come back to what I knew before, that a whole-foods, plant-based diet, is the optimal diet for humans.  This blog will focus on how to raise a family on wholesome, nourishing foods, and yet equip them for living in the real world.  




No comments:

Post a Comment